Friday, September 5, 2008

Why I feel teaching is so important

I just want to write a bit on why I believe teaching is so important in the world we live in.
Education is the foundation of a student's life. It is what makes a young child become a competent adult in society. I recognized this very early on in my life. I was so fortunate to have gone to a wonderful elementary school that I look back on with fond memories, not only because of my personal accomplishments, but how I was able to achieve them - with the assistance of my caring, dedicated teachers. I still accredit my personality and certain behaviors to their teaching. I have never forgotten them or what they have done to shape me into the woman I am today. A teacher makes a difference in the life of a child, whether it be in a positive or negative way. He/she is not only an instructor, but a role model, adviser and possible friend. I feel it is a profession, as Dr. Luongo said, that you must love doing. I have always held this view because teaching is not an easy job. You will not make millions of dollars, which is an important aspect of many peoples' lives - money. But, I believe the success of a student in the field of learning and the self-gratification you get from making a difference in the life of a child is priceless. Money does not buy happiness. You must be content with the life you live and love what you do to be truly happy with yourself. I believe no matter where life has taken you and where you have been, you never stop learning. Life is a developmental process, and maybe even more importantly a journey, in which we are constantly changing and hopefully, improving ourselves. Education begins in a child's home and then carries into the classroom. "The life you are given is God's gift to you; what you make of it is your gift to God." - anonymous. Years from now I want to be able to say, "God gave me a beautiful life and I became a teacher."

P.S. Thank you for reading my current blogs and commenting. I appreciate it. =)

3 comments:

Adalise said...

i just thought that i would let you know that i really enjoyed reading your blog, because i too feel that being a teacher is very important. Teachers have great impacts on the students and it is something that the student remembers for the rest of there lives. I want to be remembered positively, as i am sure all of us do.

Thank you for enlightening me with your blog
Adalise!

nice meeting you.. =)

Anni said...

Hey Kristina
That was really beautiful. It is quite obvious that you will make a great teacher.


Anni

Dr. Luongo said...

What an inspirational post, Kristina.

You make some excellent points. Teaching is truly a gift. Everyday is a day where you can change someone's life. And knowing your personality (even for this short time), I bet you will be touching *many* lives.


Thank you for putting a smile on my face.